Monday, January 28, 2013

Powerpuff Girls are back...as a CGI special



This had made my day.

As CN reveal its 2013-14 lineup at the upfront, it mentioned a revival special to The Powerpuff Girls (smiley face).

However, instead of the ol' tradition animation art, Genndy Tartakovsky (creator of Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack and Sym-Bionic Titan) had said that the revival will be in CG animation (frowny face).

Now it's not what you think. I think I don't mind seeing the PPGs in CG. As long as the quality is good and is inspired by the original series, I have no problem seeing the special not animated in hand-drawn.

I'm sure most of you know why CGI is everywhere. Well, 1) It brings in money and puts bottoms into seats. 2) It's a money-saver, which isn't expensive as hand-drawn/traditional animation. And 3) People just wants to try new things. CGI can be as good as hand-drawn animation: Just watch this to prove I'm right:

 
 Beware the Batman (2013)
 
 
Fanboy & Chum Chum (2009)

See? That wasn't bad as I though. I told you I was right. Any kind of animation: Flash, CG, Hand-drawn, Tradition are always welcomed to the public, as long as it's good. And to those who won't prove that I'm right...then stop complaining and just don't watch any CG-animated shows.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the new PPG special as the original cast will be back to play their roles. Everything else on CN's upfront looks great...well, except for the live-action.

No comments:

Post a Comment